- Cover for pre-existing conditions that have not needed treatment or advice in the three months before the policy starts
- £7,000 of lifetime vet fee cover for new conditions every year
• We can cover medical conditions your pet has suffered from in the past
• Up to £500 of cover for pre-existing conditions in the first year of your policy. We can't cover conditions that have received treatment, medication or advice in the three months before your policy starts
• Vet fee cover for pre-existing conditions increases if you don't need to claim for them
• All new conditions covered for up to £7,000 every year
Cover for pre-existing conditions
Most comprehensive policy in the UK
For pets under 2
No claims = money back
We're the only pet insurer to offer a pre-exisiting conditions policy.
You can make a claim for a previous condition as long as your pet has not received treatment or advice for the condition three months before the policy starts.
If your pet experienced a condition longer than two years ago and it has not needed treatment or advice since, all our policies should cover it.
Everything about our cover is designed to be fairer and better for owners. We listened to thousands of cat and dog owners to create the policies they wanted.
We never charge an existing customer more than a new one and there are no penalties for claiming. You can pay monthly at no extra cost and you can claim online, and we'll pay you or your vet directly.
When you switch to Bought By Many from another insurer with no gap in cover, you can claim for vet treatment within the first 14 days of starting your new policy.
If you have more than one pet, you can get a 15% multi-pet discount if you insure them all on the same policy.
Our customers can get a free video consultation with a vet through the FirstVet app.
We were delighted that thousands of pet owners voted us the Most Trusted Pet Insurance Provider in the UK in the 2019 Moneywise Customer Service Awards.
Get a quote to see your price and find out more. Or call our customer services team, who know our policies inside out on 0345 340 4090.
If you would like to learn more about our cover, you can read our easy-to-understand policy documents and policy summary.
"Very friendly service, straight forward & easy to claim. Process is really quick, no complicated long form filling. Definitely recommend."
"Very quick & easy to claim & I was kept updated regularly on the progress. A decision was reached quickly & the money transferred straight into my bank account."
"Fantastic service, very helpful and friendly staff. Nothing is a problem and they provide so much help."
Lifetime (or ‘yearly limit’) insurance covers vet fees up to the policy's limit every year. So long as you renew a lifetime policy each year, the level of vet fees will reset to the full stated limits that you started with. With a lifetime product, it is important to note that your premiums are likely to increase each year at renewal.